A MOTLEY OBSESSION

Random thoughts from a makeup artist, mother and wife.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Red My Fortune Cookie

Red has always been THE color when you want attention all to yourself. I chose OPI Red for my mani-pedi on my wedding day. I really wasn't the french tip kind of girl. I wanted a bright, in-your-face, I'm-not-shy-at-all, look-at-me red. So there I was, having my nails done the night before my wedding day, rummaging through a bucket full of laquer. It was love at first sight.

Inspired by the stark contrasts of Hong Kong, the Spring Summer Collection of OPI is defined as "...old and new; tradition and innovation..." The collection is a mix of signature colors with names inspired by everything Hong Kong. A few favorites are Dim Sum Plum, Red My Fortune Cookie, Suzi Says Feng Shui and Bling Dynasty. The mere sound of the names stir the imagination of how tradition and culture can be traslated into shades of nail laquer. I've never been to Hong Kong, so I can only rely on my "research" to know what I'm talking about!

I'm a huge fan of anything that has a story behind it; and as far as nail laquers go, OPI makes the cut. Quirky, original, and most of the time, pun intended. Now Chop-sticking to My Story!

Oh, it's just so worth it to see their beautiful beauty shots for this collection. That's what inspiration is! Something's wrong and I can't seem to upload the photos. Let me give it go on another entry. ;p


OPI and the Hong Kong Collection by OPI are sold at Rustans Department Stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment