A MOTLEY OBSESSION

Random thoughts from a makeup artist, mother and wife.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Real Bride Sansan De Leon-Krijgsveld: My Accidental Bride

Sansan+Casper
January 19, 2011

I remember back in 2nd grade - we both had glasses and had the same glow in the dark Ghostbusters kicks. Mine was a mere fascination for Ghostbusters, and hers was, and still is an obsession. Cut to decades after, my petite, hyper-active buddy is getting married. I remember that morning, I was on Facebook and saw her stat. She said that it would be the last day for her to have a last name that anyone could easily pronounce. True enough, I had to message her to know what her married name is now. She said, "K-R-I-J-G-S-V-E-L-D ;p prounounced as "krekshvelt." OMG. I didn't know that a bunch of consonants, with two vowels thrown in could be a foreign name. Talk about taking away the "De-Leon" generic name. Anyway, as the story goes, I asked her who was going to do her makeup, and she said that she had planned to do it on her own because she was too dyahe to ask me. So off I went to her place, with 2 year old in tow to do her makeup. Of course, it didn't go without my scolding her.

San was visibly very happy that day, and I was glad I caught her update on Facebook. (Digression: You just got to love Facebook sometimes!) I wasn't able to see her get married nor was I able to join them at the reception, but I was glad that I was part of her wedding. Incidentally, it's her birthday today, and what better gift to give but this post! ;p I was delighted to find out that amazing couple Jorem & Sheila Catilo were present at the occasion and took beautiful photos of their signature.

Sharing with you photos of the wedding. Thank you Teza, Jorem and Sheila for the photos! :D

I love you San! I always did and always will! xoxo





























1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet Sammie! I love you too :) You got me teary. What an awesome bday gift. ♥♥♥ Big kisses to you and Lukee.

    ReplyDelete