A MOTLEY OBSESSION

Random thoughts from a makeup artist, mother and wife.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Skincare Goldmine: Himalaya Herbals

I love to window shop, particulary at cosmetics and skincare stores. So one sad morning, I decided to head out for the nearest mall to look around and shake off my nega vibes. Blame it on habit, or obsession, I ended up at Watson's. I love going around the gondolas and the makeup counters! I had a bout of pre and post PMS problems on my face and was determined to never let it happen again. I looked around the familiar brands and found my way to the less loud gondolas. I found myself staring at the shelves of Himalaya Herbals. Being a full time mom, I was pretty much biased with anything organic, or herbal - or anything with the least amount of ingredients/chemicals in it. The bottles and tubes of products before me stood in utmost humility. No colored stickers, no funky colors, no loud logos. All green and white.

As I took a bottle to read what was in it, I noticed that it was an"Ayurvedic Product," and all there products were so. Dermatologically tested, hypo-allergenic and had "No Harmful Chemicals." I thought to myself, "Hmm, this is looking good." The one thing I had to consider was the price. I was pleased to see that most of their products fall under Php 200. And confused I became. I ended up with three products, the Walnut Scrub, Deep Cleansing Milk and the Neem Foaming Face Wash.

I grew up with St. Ives' Apricot Scrub and this one gives them a run for their money! The scent is creamy, buttery and nutty all at the same time and would make you scrub everyday. The grains are very generous and the feel is as if the grains are soaked in lotion. I use it now for my hands, elbows and feet.

Next is the Deep Cleansing Milk. I expected it to be, well, milky in consistency. I assumed that I squeezed an amount of it on my hand, it would be like Cetaphil. I was pleased to find that it was more of a cream consistency. I massaged it onto my face (which was full of makeup) and it seemed to melt into my skin. What I noticed about it is that unlike cleansing oils, you don't see your "melted" makeup all over your face. I then wiped off with a damp cotton pad to remove the makeup. It was surprisingly refreshing! Ever get that feeling that when you do that with cleansing oil, you feel your pores would be clogged even more? For those who aren't satisfied with the cotton pad, you can rinse it off.

I got the Neem Foaming Face Wash because I love getting a squeaky clean face. With all the makeup we wear, it's comforting to clean it all the way down. Since it foams, it is also absolutely economical. This wash can actually take off most of your makeup - but has difficulty removing eye kohl and waterproof mascara. It works great in tandem with the Deep Cleansing Milk.

So there. I will definitely go back and try their masks, hair products and herbal toothpaste. If you're one for all natural, simple and effective products, this brand is for you. I am so in love with these three and it would be a shame not to share this goldmine.

No comments:

Post a Comment