A MOTLEY OBSESSION

Random thoughts from a makeup artist, mother and wife.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Real Bride Annie Hofilena-Cheng: The Purple Rainbow

Annie is officially my oldest friend - meaning I've known her all my life minus just 2 years. We first met in pre-school and I remember hanging out at her house just walking distance from our school. Her mom would always give me chocolate mousse whenever I was around. When we were in Kinder, Annie brought her new bike (the one with a sidecar, mind you) to school. As expected, I was on the passenger seat on the way to her house after school. Maybe it was me, or maybe it was her driving skills then, but I remember seeing the yellow and black stripes of the village hump right in front of my face. Bless our lucky stars that neither of us got hurt. 
There are a lot more stories we share and a lot more to make. Annie is a creative and culinary genius. She is my son's godmother too. Although we don't get to spend much time together, we know that there is tie that binds us till forever. She's an only child and I treat myself as her sister (sorry Annie, whether you like it or not). We both love the color purple but I think Annie's OC-ness is way beyond mine (or anyone else's for that matter, but that's debatable).

Dear Annie, allow me to be the first one to say (at least publicly): One day, you will overtake Martha Stewart's empire. I just know it. I love you and I will see you very soon. 






Photos by Redfox

No comments:

Post a Comment